Updated: Oct 26, 2020
The Benefits of Eggs for Glowing Skin & DIY Face Masks
Nowadays, the humble egg is considered a super food, for our health and for head to toe beauty. It's versatile, simple and cheap, the total package.
Thank you, Mother Nature!
Rich in antioxidants that fight free radicals, the bad cells responsible for the aging process.
2- Skin Tightening & Elasticity:
The abundance of albumin promotes the production of collagen.
Thanks to fatty acids with moisturizing properties, they seal the moisture in our skin.
Protein promotes the renewal and reconstruction of body tissue.
5- Hair and Nail Growth
Biotin + Vitamin B complex, promote healthy hair growth and combat frail nails.
Reduces skin inflammation.
7- Astringent / Cleansing
Lysozyme, an enzyme present in egg whites, helps maintain pores closed, eliminating impurities, bacteria and oily skin.
Result: smoother and healthier skin.
Let's get Started?
But...first I suggest following these steps.
1- Wash your face
2- Exfoliation (advisable, the removal of dead skin cells allows a better absorption of the mask's nutrients)
3- Apply with a brush or cotton disc, avoiding the eye area.
4- RELAX! and let it act 20-30 min.
5- Remove the masks with lukewarm water
6- Apply oil or moisturizing cream
7- All done! 🙃
How to Prepare Your Face Mask
Nothing is easier, select the ingredients for your skin needs.
Start by beating the egg yolk or white with a fork and then add the remaining ingredients individually.
DIY Face masks
Egg White: Oily Skin
1 egg white
Rich in Protein, Riboflavin, Albumin, Magnesium and Potassium; elements that contribute to a clean, toned, luminous and wrinkle-free skin.
Egg Yolk: Dry Skin
Filled with Zinc, Selenium, Iron, Folic Acid, Potassium, Omega3, Vit. A, B, D, E and K;
everything we need for nourished and healthy
- Evens tone of the skin
- Reduces pigmentation spots
- Acne marks
- Brighter skin
- Promotes uniform complexion
- Reduces sun spots
- Natural exfoliant
Extra virgin olive oil:
- Contains Vit. A, D, K, E
- Soothing action
- Rich in fiber
- Deep cleaning
- Delicate scrub
- Reduces oiliness
* Keep in Mind:
- For the liquidy masks, fight gravity by taking a load off and relax horizontally 🛏
- Watch out for turmeric stains, they're extremely difficult to wash out. So wear old clothes and use dark towels. Also, don't stress, if after removing your face-mask, your face has a yellowish tinge to it. Just re-wash and get a cotton disc and some toner and swipe, all gone!
- To avoid allergic reactions, I advise before using any ingredient for the first time, doing a test patch on the inner side of your elbow.
- Olive oil is very fatty, the skin doesn't absorb it completely, it's best to remove any excess in order not to block your pores.
Now that you've got some insights on the benefits of Eggs for Skincare and on how to create your own face-masks, let's get cracking.
Share with us any questions, experiences and suggestions for future posts.
Please login to leave your comment. Thank you for your visit!
The publication of this information is not a medical practice and this information does not replace the advice of your physician or other health care provider.
Before taking any form of treatment, the reader should seek the advice of their physician or other healthcare provider.